22 Nov 2011

Pirate version of Saboteur

Someone has detected a pirate version of the game Saboteur. Besides the logo of Z-man Games, you see Chinese characters on the box. This proves that the version is a pirate one. Apparently, the rules contain a lot of translation and typing errors and the cards are cheap reproductions.
A friendly game designer has consolated me. Only very popular games are pirated. It's better to consider it as a free promotion than to be sad about it. Let's hope that the more fortunate Chinese custumors will prefer the original game.

2 comments:

bu said...

I bought one on an online store showing the original version but ended up being a pirated version! =(

toriegg said...

It reached a secondhand store here in the Philippines. I got a 2-in-1 version in Baguio, PH. The packaging design from the French version was used, but it had instructions in Chinese and English and it had your name on it. After checking, I found that these pirated Saboteur's are already widely distributed through Chinese shopping apps like Lazada and Shopee.

I was reading the instructions while my friend checked the parts at the thrift store. I have never been so interested in a board/card game. I bought it immediately despite getting a high quote from the seller and picked up a waterproof mat as well. My friend and I played the game on the mat over wet grass from 5 to 9 p.m. and easily memorized the instructions. I'm excited to try it out with more people.

I hope you guys keep adding more to it, I'm interested in buying a legit copy very soon. If anyone's wondering, it's very very worth having under the coffee table because of its unique playstyle and I find it really beautiful to build the tunnels.

Would also love to play it with 3D tunnels.

Awesome creation, man.